Date: May 2, 2019
Application deadline: May 10, 2019
Duty station: AFENET-FETP Offices-Liberia
The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) is a non-profit organization established in 2005 with a mission to improve human health through the strengthening and expansion of applied epidemiology and laboratory capacity in partnership with Ministries of Health, Non-Governmental Organizations, international agencies, private sector and other public health agencies. AFENET has its headquarters in Kampala, Uganda with operations in more than 30 African Countries.
AFENET seeks to fill position of a Transport Associate (Driver) which will be based at the AFENET-FETP Offices-Liberia with competent person to support the FETP Field Operations.
Position 1: Transport Associate (Driver)
Reports to: Liberia FETP Resident Advisor
Number of Vacancies: One (01)
Your primary responsibility as a Transport Associate is moving individuals as well as properties in a timely, safe and courteous manner
Duties and responsibilities:
- Operating and carrying staff in the assigned official motor vehicle
- Maintain documentation for administrative use such as mileage and trip authorization tracking information
- Assist to process applications and renewal of motor vehicle licenses, fees and any other documentation
- Receive and ensure that office mail is delivered to respective destinations and follow through
- Maintain vehicles’ logs and liaise with Administrator for regular review
- Ensure that the office vehicle is in good mechanical and functional condition
- Witness and ensure that defects are fixed at the contractual garage
- Report all safety, security and driving incidents to the line supervisor as soon as possible
- Ensure routine check-up of vehicle and comply with the laws and AFENET Transport policy.
- Should be able to multi-task, work for long hours and in stressful environments whilst maintaining professional composure
- May be required to frequently travel between organization worksites and should be willing to stay in the field for longer periods.
- Ensure that the assigned Vehicle is clean at all times.
- Handle any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications & Competency requirements:
- West African Secondary Certificate Education (WASCE) -SS3, High School Diploma
- A valid driver’s license of class A,B,C
- 3-5 years’ experience in driving and record of service from a reputable organization
- A qualification in motor vehicle transport management or related field will be of an added advantage
The preferred candidate must have the following competencies: –
- Knowledge of defensive driving will be an added advantage
- Good analytical and reporting skills
- Attention to detail
- Good teamwork skills
- Seeks continuous learning
- Demonstrate high level of integrity
- Good motor vehicle maintenance skills
- Basic knowledge of customer relationship management
- Basic knowledge of ICT is added advantage
- Basic logistics management skills
Interested candidates should submit their Application Letters detailing their experiences and skills, Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant academic documents and 3 references online to: The Human Resource Office, African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) via Email: email@example.com on Friday May 10, 2019 by close of business.
*ONLY successful candidates shall be contacted for an interview.