The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) is a non-profit organization established in 2005 with a mission to improve human health through the strengthening and expansion of applied epidemiology and laboratory capacity in partnership with Ministries of Health, Non-Governmental Organizations, international agencies, private sector and other public health agencies. AFENET has its headquarters in Kampala, Uganda with operations in more than 30 African Countries.
The United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in collaboration with the African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) has been supporting Ministries of Health in Sub Saharan Africa to implement field epidemiology training programs (FETPs) for public health workers at national and subnational levels of the health systems. FETPs are field-based trainings with participants spending 25% of the time in class room and 75% in the field providing public health services while acquiring core competencies in field epidemiology. In order to address the need to improve field epidemiology capacity at all levels of the health system, US CDC developed a three-tiered pyramid model for FETP implementation. At the base of the pyramid is the 3-month FrontlineFETP that targets public health workers at the local level, the middle of the pyramid is the 9-month Intermediate FETP for regional level health workers and at the peak is the 2-year Advanced FETP for national level public health managers.
US CDC and AFENET have since 2015 been supporting the Liberia Ministry of Health to implement a frontline FETP and Intermediate FETP. AFENET is seeking to recruit highly qualified& experienced personnel to support the Liberia Program under the following positions:
The Administrative Officer for LFETP will work with the NPHIL part-time admin person attached to LFETP and under the supervision of the Resident Advisor to carry out the following responsibilities:
- Proper documentation of all AFENET Liberia activities, including minutes of meetings
- Proper filing of all AFENET Liberia records and documents
- Update AFENET Liberia website, monthly bulletins
- Provide administrative services for all AFENET Liberia activities
- Maintain records of LFETP trainees and graduates
- Maintain timely submission of AFENET Liberia program reports and accountabilities
- Maintain up-to-date AFENET Liberia asset register
- Liaise with AFENET Liberia service providers when their services are being requested, and when bills are due
- Maintain AFENET Liberia staff attendance register for monthly reporting
- Supervise the janitors to maintain hygiene of AFENET Liberia office and activity venues13.Other duties as assigned by the Resident Advisor.
- The successful candidate should have a minimum of a Degree in Business Administration or relevant qualifications.
- Possession of Post graduate qualifications in Project Planning and management is preferred advantage.
- The ideal candidate should have not less than 3 years’ experience in project management, project administration or coordination and proof of such in similar project work is important.
- Previous experience and service in FETP activities is added advantage.
- A mature and committed person with excellent interpersonal skills, a fast leaner and ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Excellent Computer knowledge.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft office
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Prepared to work long hours under minimal supervision
- Team player
- Pleasant disposition
How to apply:
Submit your resume, application letter, and relevant documentation to:
The Administration and HR Office email; email@example.com
*ONLY successful candidates shall be contacted for an interview.
Please note that all applications should be sent online by close of business 5:30 pm (EAT) Friday October 23, 2020